Tuesday, August 19, 2014

1.) The first mistake made by the government was saying that they WOULD release the name of the officer and then not releasing the name after the violent acts. This makes the county think that the government has something to hide.
       The next mistake they made was letting visuals and protests take place at night to begin with. They should have made them host everything in the daytime from the beginning.

2.) In my mind excessive force would be like beating someone that is already laying face down and not fighting. I do beleive excessive force was used in the Brown shooting because the boy had no weapon and had his hands up, there was no reason to shoot someone who wasn't an immediate threat.

3.)I would start by having someone make a statement on behalf of the  police department and the county leaders of Ferguson. I would then continue on with the investigation of the shooting and follow through with the law as the law sees fit, except I would have the trial moved to a different state with indifferent jury members to make the decisions. Afterwards, visuals may continue to be held but any kind of protest wishing for a retrial or death to the police officer under trial will be disbanded and anyone part of said protests will be removed to their homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment